To: ALL ASUU MEMBERS Dear Comrades, 1. Our national struggle to compel government to fully implement the 2009 FGN ASUU Agreement is now into the 3rd week.
2. The National Strike Coordinating Committee (NSCC) wishes to commend our members in all the branches for their resoluteness in the pursuit of our demands.
3. The on-going strike is not against any Vice-Chancellor or University Administration, students or any group within and outside the system.
4. The Union had commenced discussion with Government on the issues and timelines have been given.
5. The Joint UTAS and NITDA Team are to set out a work plan and subsequently conclude the vulnerability test on or before Tuesday, 8th March, 2022.
6. The Government Team on Renegotiation had been reconstituted to replace some members who had been either deceased or have served out their tenure.
7. The pronouncement by Government that N92 billion has been paid to ASUU as Earned Allowance is misleading, aimed at deceiving the public, and causing confusion. The truth is that there is a balance of two tranches amounting to N40 billion only yet to be paid.
8. On revitalisation of public universities, a committee of Government and ASUU was mandated to work out an implementable schedule for the payment of the outstanding balance of N170 billion. The meeting of the Committee would come up on Tuesday, 8th March, 2022.
9. Branches are hereby mandated to immediately query members who have been breaking the on-going national strike by participating in any meeting without the permission of the NSCC. Copies of such queries should be sent to the national.
10. When in doubt, members should consult the Chairperson and attend Congress meetings regularly.
11. Chairpersons/EXCO members should not respond to any invitation for any meeting without liaising with the Zonal Coordinator. We can bring to birth a new world from the ashes of the old if we realise that our Union makes us strong!
Solidarity for forever!!
Che Emmanuel Osodeke