Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree, Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees in the various Faculties/ College/ Schools/Institutes/Centres of the University of Benin.
A. GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the University of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) Four credits at Ordinary level, plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes or any other equivalent.’
- A holder of a Pass Degree/Diploma is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd class degrees must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters Programmes.
- A candidate who obtained Masters Degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55-59% could only be considered for admission into the M.Phil. Programme in the first instance.
- A candidate applying for PhD in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Masters Degree Programme.
- A candidate applying for PhD with a Masters Degree from any other University who in his/her Masters study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents, similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60%.
- Only students who have NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be cleared into the postgraduate programme of the University.
- Candidates are expected to print out the referee forms provided in the application page, fill and return directly to: The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies.
- Applications will not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Note: Students are advised to always check the website for courses that require written entrance examinations.
- Please use your personal e-mail address/telephone numbers when applying to facilitate further communication to you.
- Courses are available in the Following Faculties/College/Institutes/ Centres of the University:
1,FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
2,FACULTY OF ARTS
3,FACULTY OF EDUCATION
4,FACULTY OF ENGINEERIN
5,FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
6, FACULTY OF LAW
7,FACULTY OF LIFE SCIENCE
8,FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
9,FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
10,FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
11,FACULTY OF PHARMACY
12,COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
13,SCHOOL OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
14,SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY
15,SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
16,INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION
17, INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND EXTENTION SERVICES.
18, INSTITUTE OF CHILD HEALTH
1,Centre for Gender Studies
2,Center of Excellence in Geosciences (CoE)
3,Centre of Excellence in Reproductive Health Innovation (CERHI)
4,Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Procurement, Environmental and Social Standards Enhancement (SPESSE)
The following new programmes have been approved for postgraduate studies in the Department of Quantity Surveying, Faculty of Environmental Sciences:
*PGD Qantity Surveying
*PGD Construction Management
*M.Sc Quantity Surveying
* M.Sc Construction Management
For more details on all the Courses, visit the University website: waeup.uniben.edu.ng
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Candidates are to purchase application forms online with a valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD for the sum of Twenty-Two Thousand Naira (N22,000.00.) only.
- The form must be correctly filled with all information required provided before submitting online. Thereafter, the form is printed out from the UNIBEN Website, waeup.uniben.edu. The following documents should also be printed out from the Website: – application and referee forms. Any form not properly filled will not be treated. All application processes must be completed by 31stJuly, 2023.
- Only candidates given admission into the various Postgraduate programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees as stated below:
Total – 60,000.00
Note: Acceptance fee must be paid before candidates can be cleared.
Ademola A. Bobola, mnim, fcipm
Information and Communication Technology Unit
Vice Chancellor’s Office
University of Benin,PMB 1154.
Benin City. Nigeria.